We would like to list events and networking opportunities that will help connect gifted families in Texas. Is your local GT parent support group hosting a public event or virtual meetup? Or … are you feeling like the only GT family in town, and would like to find others nearby?
Use the form at the bottom of this page to request your event, meetup, and connection request to be added to this page. We prefer to post events expressly designed for parents and events that are low-cost or free.
- Event with Dr. Po-Shen Loh –Invention & MathGEFN members are invited to a FREE live family event with Dr. Po-Shen Loh. Dr. Loh is a Math Professor at Carnegie Mellon University, serves as the National USA International Math Olympiad Team Coach, and was awarded the USA Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers in 2019. He is passionate about sharing his love ofContinue reading “Event with Dr. Po-Shen Loh –Invention & Math”
- April 17, 2021: GT Parent Conference at Baylor UBaylor’s Center for Gifted Education and Talent Development will host its 2nd annual parent conference on April 17, 2021 (new date!). This is an event designed to provide parents of gifted and talented students with resources, information, and opportunities to network with other parents and find needed support.
- Through April 17, 2021: GEFN Cardboard Challenge – FREE! Sponsored by NuMinds EnrichmentDo you have or know a student who loves problem-solving and creative thinking? Do you know a “maker” in search of a unique challenge? Register your student(s) for a free, virtual, asynchronous challenge culminating in a live showcase event for students on Saturday, April 17, during the annual GT Parent Conference!
- Worldwide facilitated SENG Model Parent Group for 2E ParentsFacilitated by:Lin Lim, Ph.D.,Susan Chun, M.A., P.P.S.,Cherin Escher, M.A. Meet the Facilitators With up to 20 parents participating, the weekly virtual meeting will focus on topics from the book A Parent’s Guide to Gifted Children, such as communication, motivation, discipline, stress management, and relationships. In addition, 2e specific additional resources will be provided weekly. Register now! TheContinue reading “Worldwide facilitated SENG Model Parent Group for 2E Parents”
- January-March 2021: Eight-week Virtual SENG Model Parent Group – hosted by McKinney Gifted & Talented AllianceGT Families across Texas are invited to participate in a virtual SENG model parent group hosted by McKinney Gifted & Talented Alliance. Their first meeting is January 12th. The format is a guided discussion for caregivers of the gifted. Click here to register. Details are in the flyer below. Thank you to Letha Williams, SENGContinue reading “January-March 2021: Eight-week Virtual SENG Model Parent Group – hosted by McKinney Gifted & Talented Alliance”
- past / Dec. 16, 2020: Virtual Event – “What Does Giftedness Look Like?” – Dr. Kristina Henry CollinsHow can parents go about supporting the social and emotional needs of their gifted children? Our speaker, Dr. Kristina Henry Collins, is a NAGC Board Member, President of SENG, faculty at Texas State University, and a Professional Advisor for the Gifted Education Family Network. Reserve your spot today for this free virtual event on Wednesday,Continue reading “past / Dec. 16, 2020: Virtual Event – “What Does Giftedness Look Like?” – Dr. Kristina Henry Collins”
- past / Nov. 18, 2020: Advocating for Marginalized Gifted Students of Color ~ Dr. Kristina Henry CollinsFree event from the Mirman School: Advocating for Marginalized Gifted Students of Color with Dr. Kristina Henry Collins, Wednesday, Nov. 18 at 6:00pm! Details and registration below: “Due to social and historical inequities, bright Black and Latinx students are often not identified as gifted. Even those who are, often don’t have access to the rigorContinue reading “past / Nov. 18, 2020: Advocating for Marginalized Gifted Students of Color ~ Dr. Kristina Henry Collins”
- past / October 2, 2020: PACE Fort Bend invites you to virtual meeting on “The Social-Emotional Health of Our Children During COVID-19”PACE, the Fort Bend Association of Parents for Academic Excellence — and a member of the Gifted Education Family Network’s Parent Advisory Council — is inviting the Gifted Education Family Network to attend their virtual event called “The Social-Emotional Health of Our Children During COVID-19.” This parent learning event will be held virtually via Zoom onContinue reading “past / October 2, 2020: PACE Fort Bend invites you to virtual meeting on “The Social-Emotional Health of Our Children During COVID-19””
- past / August 19, 2020: Denton Association for Gifted — ExpoDenton Association for Gifted, a member of the Gifted Education Family Network’s Parent Advisory Council, is hosting an event for parents to meet their child’s Expo Specialist on 19 August, 2020:
- past / Sept. 15, 2020: Free virtual event: Racial Battle Fatigue in Faculty – MACH-III CenterWe invite the Gifted Education Family Network to a free virtual event, “Masterclass: Racial Battle Fatigue in Faculty,” hosted by the Network’s GT Professional Advisor Dr. Fred A. Bonner II and the MACH-III Center. Register today at: https://bit.ly/3a7kTCV
No listings yet
List your event
Fill out this form to request that your event, meetup or connection request be added to this page. By submitting this form, you are granting GEFN permission to publicly share all information in your request. Please follow up with us if your event is changed or cancelled.